The park was constructed in 1913. Abundantly planted with trees and flowers, it is an elegant park with scenes of creek and little bridges. The Beitou creek goes through the whole park, from east to west, making the place an important landscape in Beitou area. Hot spring hotels have been built alongside the park which has made Beitou a backyard garden of Taipei.
Beitou Library (Green Building)
Built in different way with traditional construction, Beitou Library was designed as a “Green Building Library.”It is not constructed by steels and cements. It is a big tree house in the park. Readers can enjoy viewing mountainous scenery and relaxing breeze while they are reading.
Beitou Creek & Hokutolite
Beitou Creek traverses through the park. At several places, little waterfalls have been formed due to reverbed high-low variations. Hokutolite was found under such natural conditions. It was the first stone named by place name, Beitou. It is a kind of mine with radioactivity of radium.
Long Nai Tang (Takinoyu)
Long Nai tang is a bathhouse with long history, more than 100 years. It has been famous for its cheap entry fee. The source of hot spring is Thermal Valley, an origin of green sulfur hot spring. Bathtubs were made from Chilian Rock. It is a bathhouse worth enjoying a soak.
The building was constructed in 1916 under sponsorship by railway staffers and community people. Its outlook is with Japanese taste. The building is with simplicity and nobility. A Buddha has been worshiped there to protect the hot spring industry at Beitou.
It was exploited in 1911, a source of green sulfur hot spring. Visitors used to boil eggs there, making its name “A hell for boiling eggs.”It has been under management by Taipei Water Department for years. Landscape, pipes system, reservoir, trails with rails, pavilions, etc, have been well constructed. The misty phenomenon year round has created a fantasy atmosphere there.
Beitou Hot Spring Museum
Its original name was “Beitou Public Bathhouse” built in 1913 with same style of bathhouse at Izushan in Japan. It was constructed with combination of English and Japanese styles. The materials used were bricks, woods, black tiles, etc. Visitors are requested to put on museum slippers when they enter. They can enjoy the relaxing feeling by imaging the elegant and classic taste created by Roman style bath pool and its big tatami hall.
Plum Garden was established in 1930 by a rich Japanese. Its elegant outlook with delicate layout has shown a house in typical Japanese mood. Yu Yo Ren started to lodge in this place for getting away from hot weather, being lobbied, social activities. At entry gate, the name “Plum Garden” was written by himself for memory, he was a famous calligrapher.
You can read 【Travel Taipei 】